Sunday, March 15, 2009

Angels

I've been wondering for a while now why it is so difficult to blog about John. He is certainly as entertaining as the girls! I tell stories about him often... So why can't I blog about about him? Yesterday, as I was down on his level listening to one of his stories it hit me - AHA! It isn't easy to write about John because so much of his communication is non-verbal. He isn't by any means a quiet kid. Far from it, in fact. His emphasis, his expression and his personality all come through his hand movements, his body posture and his extreme facial expressions. I am not able to adequately describe the tilt of his head, the seriousness of his eyebrow arch, the cluck of his tongue behind his teeth and his hands on hip posture as he nods his head and says - Yeah, Mom. It's OK if you make vegetables with my dinner. Gee, thanks for the permission John!
He is perpetual motion. When I ask him to sit still he responds with a very teenage-like But moooooooom! And then goes on to explain to me that he loves to wiggle. Tigger has nothing on my boy! When the weather is bad he does laps around the house. He gets up at night to come visit me. (Mom, I like sleeping in your bed best! And I like to wiggle when I sleep.) And he is the first one awake every morning.
He makes me tired just blogging about him! :)
Last night as he wiggled through Mass he noticed the Altar Bearers standing in the front. They wore their traditional white robes tied at the waist. He was still for just a moment then looked over at me and whispered, Mommy, are they angels? No John. Well, maybe to their mommies just as you are one of my angels...

No comments: