Katie, having a 'pretty party, brushing my hair and putting barrettes in for me (ouch!) - Oh Mommy, soon you are going to be so stylish. Gee, thanks!
John, watching a DVD that wasn't playing well - Mom, this movie keeps itching! I thought hard and asked a lot of questions to figure out his train of thought... At some point I probably told him that DVDs skip when they are scratched. Scratched. Itching. Aha!
Julie brought her new puppy, Sophie, over for a visit. Katie noticed Sophie's neck and said - Oh what a beautiful leash. Julie told her that it is a collar. Allison immediately piped in - I have a collar bone and it is broken. (Insert sad face.)
Katie, while crying about everything threw in a very dramatic - It has just been years and years and years since I saw Daddy!
When Julie's husband, Craig, left their house yesterday their daughter ran out and said 'Bye Daddy!' My sweet, sweet, sweet Claire went running across the front porch happily screaming - DADDY! DADDY! DADDY! (Tears in my eyes.) Awwww... The baby girl just wants her daddy.
Allison must have dreamt about Spence a few nights ago. She woke up and told me her daddy was home. I gently told her, not yet... She pleasantly insisted that she saw him here, at home, with her. We walked through the house, hand-in-hand, just to be sure.
Friday night is pizza night. In our ideal life I take the night off from cooking and Spence makes pizza with the kids. In this altered universe I make pizza with them. Chef John helped through the whole process. His running commentary is quite amusing. The best was when I turned only one oven and put both pizza stones in there. I now know (and I expect to be reminded many, many more times) that is NOT the way Spencer (yes, he refers to Spence as Spencer) makes pizza. Spencer is the best pizza maker and I should follow his methods. (Spence will be disappointed to know that our current 'pizza' consists of a tortilla, sauce, a sprinkle of cheese, tomatoes and feta - with basil and/or spinach when we have it.)
7.30
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment