I didn't take a single photo on Halloween this year. I was fighting a nasty fever and was proud just to get the kids dressed and out trick-or-treating. In lieu of photos they get my recollections, however hazy they may be.
Katie, the witch, looked far more striking than scary in her corseted witch's dress, made-up eyes, tall hat and sparkling smile. John was all boy in his Spiderman costume and mask. Allison was sweet in a 2 piece ghost costume. The outfit stayed in place. The hood did not. It was sometimes backwards, sometimes cock-eyed so that her eyes were peering out of one eye hole and her mouth visible through the other, sometimes sideways so that her eye and ear were showing; it was never on straight. Claire looked angelic in her poofy ballerina outfit, denim jacket and pink bomber hat.
Katie and John ran ahead searching out homes with the lights on. Katie came back after one and let me know they tried to give her TWO pieces of candy. She only accepted one. :p John paused later to tell me he was told to take as much as he wanted at one home and he opted for THREE! Allison and Claire sat in the wagon between stops. They both popped out each time before I could bring the thing to a complete stop. Allison made it to the door long before Claire. I could hear her enthusiastic TRICK-OR-TREAT across the yard. She will never master volume control. Claire finally said her first "trick-or-treat" at our final stop. Before that she would walk up, smile (who could resist that?) hold out her hand, put her treat in the bag and turn to me. When I instructed her to say thank-you she pulled the lollipop out of her mouth and giggled. So darn cute! All four of them. Even in my feverish state I enjoyed every minute of it.
7.30
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment