Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Katie and John turned FIVE yesterday. Oh what a treat the day was!
Every phone call started with Katie shouting into the phone, "HELLO! This is the birthday girl and boy!!!" They both sat with great smiles on their sweet faces as the callers sang Happy Birthday. Allison said, "Happy Birthday" to them every time she passed them in the house and repeated to anyone we met, "It is Katie and John's birthday today."
Katie's favorite gifts were a giant stuffed elephant and an even larger stuffed bear. They take up her entire bed! She gasped when she opened the bear box and shouted, "It is the best gift I ever wanted. I've never seen one before. I love my new brown bear!" Brown bears are always at the top of her 'must have' list and it is the only thing she asked Santa for this year. We will have an army of them soon and she will be in brown bear heaven for years.
Ask John what his favorite present is and he'll tell you, "All of them!" Playmobil sets and RC cars were a big hit. His remarks included, "WOW! This is the best toy I ever wanted from the toy store!" and, "I never knew I could have one of these!"
Watching them open their gifts was a mommy's and toy store owner's dream come true.
I so adore these innocent joyous moments and I hope they never end.

No comments: