Thursday, March 12, 2009

My name is Mama!

Claire's favorite words have been dada and back. Dada is what she called me and Spence. It is also what she babbled when she just wanted something to say. Back (said sharply) is what she called the dogs and what she yelled at the kids when she didn't like what they were doing. It was her version of no. Her ears are finally clear of the fluid in them and she can hear and say the softer N and M sounds. She calls me Mama now. Yay Claire! And she says No. (Uh oh!) Her newest words are Katie and John John. I can't wait to hear what words are next.

She is learning a few other tricks as well. She easily climbs onto the coffee table where she likes to stand up and bounce and she navigates down the stairs very quickly. I so enjoy watching her learn these things. Spence isn't so sure. He is a bit nervous about his little baby girl making her way down the stairs. (Um, Spence...? If this makes you nervous the teenage years are going to be very rough!)

Katie is teaching herself to read and write. As an added bonus she is teaching Allison to spell. Rhyming is a favorite game of hers. Recently when I asked her what she would like for lunch she responded P-I-E. OK then... :)

Allison is befriending all of the shadows in her room. This step is a significant improvement. For a short time those shadows were all naughty ghosts and monsters. That (thankfully short lived) phase made for difficult nap and bed times!

John. Hmmmm... What is new with John? I'll save that for my next update.

1 comment:

l and h said...

I don't know why, but this post reminded me to ask: do u know where you are headed next? We might be at ILE together...summer 2010?