Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where do my kids get their wit?

I admit it... I was having a BAD hair day. Then I took a nap which only made my bad hair worse.

I was cooking dinner with four active kiddos under foot when Spence arrived home. He greeted me, kissed me and stepped back to take a good look. His eyes lingered on my hair and a smile played at the corners of his mouth.

Spence, to me - Is that the Aniston?
Dramatic pause; I have a perplexed look on my face...
Spence, unable to hold back the smile - SEASON ONE?

HA HA HA

When Mom and Dad were visiting over Christmas Spence went into the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee only to realize that the pot was empty. Without missing a beat he turned to dad and said, "Are you familiar with the old Army adage - you kill the joe you make some mo'!" Dad was too amused to snap back quickly. Weeks later I am still laughing about it!

No comments: