Sunday, January 25, 2009

Would you like a cone with that?

Every Thursday night after the kids' gymnastics class we go out for ice cream. Recently the DQ drive through has been our destination of choice. (It is too cold to get out of the car unnecessarily!) We place our order and drive up to the window where Spence requests a small empty cone for Claire to gnaw on. She is just old enough to realize that everyone around her is having a treat and she isn't and she makes it very clear that she wants one too! Last week when we ordered the plain cone the young man behind the window commented on the fact that we are Thursday regulars... This week when Spence was finished ordering and was waiting to hear the total before pulling forward the voice came through the intercom and asked, "Would you like a plain cone with that?" :)

While Mitch and Heather were visiting Katie gave them her bed and slept with us. Last night Katie was snuggled up in the middle of our bed with NiNi (her new stuffed Hello Kitty) and Brown Bear. She had been asleep for hours. Spence crawled in on one side and I climbed in on the other.
Spence to me, with sarcasm - I don't need any blankets I have NiNi to cuddle with.
Me to Spence - And I have Katie.
Katie, in a quiet sleepy voice - I'm OK too. I have Brown Bear.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Jenn, I love your blog and that Anderson wit! I'll be smiling all day!