Monday, June 8, 2009

Better days!

John spent the night in his bed (yay!) and came in just before 6:30 to wake me up. I sent him downstairs to have breakfast with Grandpa. He was back within minutes bouncing around, begging me to get out of bed and see the breakfast table. It seems that after his bedtime Yia Yia put a colorful striped table cloth out. John to me, Mom, you have to come see what is on the table. It is the most beautiful (beautiful is very exaggerated) table I have ever seen. What a fun moment - even if it was before 7!

Today I took all of the kids for a trip to the grocery. (I am not afraid!) I pushed Claire in a beep-beep cart (my kids' nickname for the race carts with steering wheels) while Katie, John and Allison followed behind me - each pushing their own mini cart - all in a row. We went through the store like a mama duck and her little ducklings. They were all well behaved. Lots of shoppers told me so! I was so proud. :)

I found a note from Aunt Misty today from a month ago. Katie was having a sleepover there. When she was coloring Misty commented on how many crayons they had and how lucky they were to have them. Katie (because she is MY daughter) said, Yeah, we should sell some away!

1 comment:

the LANGS said...

You are without a doubt THE mother of the year. All four kids at the grocery??? YIKE!!! No doubt they were well behaved too. I don't know if you're crazy or amazing...though I'm sure its a mixture of both...equally.

Hats off to you, girlfriend. Wish I could be there to watch and LEARN!