Some time late last night (I never check my clock during late night wake-ups; it just ruins my night) John came in to see me. He was in wet pajamas... I fixed him up and invited him to crawl in my bed. I certainly wasn't going to waste sleep time changing his wet bed! Not too long later he popped up and said
Mommy, I am coughing and getting sick. Ugh! After a long trip to the bathroom I brought him back to my room to settle down - FINALLY - for the night. That sweet boy loves to sleep in my bed. Yet he KNOWS that getting sick in my bed is unacceptable. So... When I brought him back to my room, without prompting (heck, I hadn't even thought of it; I just wanted to get back to sleep!) he said
Mommy, can I please have a blanket and pillow to sleep on the floor next to you? My heart just melted. I know, it seems like such a small thing. Still, my little boy was thinking about me - or, at least, my rules - even when he was sick and tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment