I caught Allison as she awakened this morning. Mommy, when you were at the store a snake bited my finger. My daddy opened the snake's mouth and got my finger out. Then he put a bandaid on it and I am all better now. How intriguing to hear about her dream and how sweet that it is about her daddy saving her. I can only hope that the snake part wasn't too traumatizing.
John brought some matchbox cars to me and started... Plus one and three is four. Whoa! I have introduced this during playing. Is he really catching on? He 'played math' on and off all day and added rocks to make the equations more fun. At one point he even remarked Now THAT is my kind of math. (Picture his head tilted to the side and imagine the smacking noise he makes with his lips when he is expressing an important point.)
He asked me to play bubbles with him. He successfully made lots of bubbles then passed the stuff off to me. I couldn't make a great bubble! Heck, I couldn't make any bubble. Lucky for me I had John with me. He asked to have another turn and very successfully made more bubbles. Am I smarter than a four year old?
John and I also spent some time flying his glider outside today. (It was a great Mom & John day!) The glider takes a short charge and is designed to fly 20 feet... When counting to 20 he was missing 16 quite often... 14, 15, 17, 18... So everything we do involves counting to 16. For multiple glider flights he counted to 16, released the plane and watched it fly through the yard. Retrieve, repeat! Unfortunately the plane caught a gust of wind that sent it 200 yards north, 100 yards west and three stories high where it is now parked on the top of a townhouse. Oops. With tears in his eyes, MOM! 16 wasn't such a great idea!
7.30
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment