Sweet Claire was just starting to use her words - kitty cat, daddy - around Thanksgiving. By mid-December she was suffering from an overwhelming ear infection. At her 1 year check up in mid-January I told the doctor that she no longer had any words. She had not regressed with any of her behaviors and she was still signing so I wasn't overly worried, but I watched closely. I spent more time sitting directly in front of her playing word games and signing. At least 6 weeks and 3 prescriptions after that first ear infection she seems really healthy again. She is sleeping well, she is happier during the day and she is more active. I even commented on the change to Spence yesterday. Then today I heard her calling to the
kitty cat (her 1st word from months ago) and after dinner tonight she signed and clearly said
all done (a first!) repeatedly. These moments are so sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment