This morning when I sat around the table with all of the kids Allison said to me, Mom, my heart is OK. Is your heart all better? She was referring to some trivial moment earlier when I said something was breaking my heart, probably someone throwing recyclables in the trash or the like. John responded, My heart is not OK. It isn't even here. It is in Honduras with Daddy because I miss him. Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uncle Gregory, John, Katie and I ran a few errands while the little girls napped today. We were a block away when I realized I needed a few things from the house. Turn around. Pull into drive. Send Gregory in to get the items. It was pouring down rain and Katie said to me. Mom, you sent Gregory in for those things because you don't like getting wet, right? Yep, she is right!
The kids see more TV in a day here than they see in a week at home and with that TV time comes commercial time. Daily I hear from Katie, Mom, will you please order me some Bendaroos. I don't even know what Bendaroos are. Reference the trip mentioned above... Our first stop was Bed Bath & Beyond. As we walked through the door and I headed back to find lunch boxes Katie spotted Bendaroos. Who knew? She is now a walking Bendaroos advertisement. (Singing) Benda-what? Benda-who? Benda-roos? Over and over again. Punctuated with You can use them again and again. And Bendaroos won't make a mess. What will they think when we go home and they realize we don't have cable. Heck, we don't even have a TV anymore! Those Bendaroos will fill lots of free time then!
7.30
11 years ago
1 comment:
Help those with only AFN to watch...what in the world IS a Bendaroo??
Post a Comment